Review: Ply

Ply Ply by Hernan Diaz
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book is somewhere between a three and four stars for me. I think my experience of it is the opposite of many readers. I liked the world building and found the characters quite interesting but I didn't like the ending. After having read Diaz's previous novel, I was wondering why he would take such a turn and I kept waiting for the book to shift under me. I kept waiting for a reveal that, for me, never came together.

Maybe I didn't understand the genius of this book. I did find myself thinking about it more and more since I finished it which is why I ended up rating it on the high end and reading it was a positive experience for me, but somehow I felt let down in the end. I wanted something more. Or something different.

I am still not sure.

with gratitude to netgalley and Riverhead Books for an advanced copy in exchange for an honest review.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: All the Way to the River: Love, Loss, and Liberation

Review: Exit

Review: The Guide